05 Feb SOA- 4.4 Ensure self-performance and professional competence is continuously improved
Getting to the top of the corporate ladder requires personal and professional growth. Growth happens quickly with targeted leadership development activities. Dedication, commitment and ongoing leadership skill development are the cornerstones of any leadership position.
Though you may think that there are so many things to worry about but you must take time out of your busy schedule to sit down and give a serious thought to your leadership effectiveness. There is a strong relationship between leadership effectiveness and business success.
Take a look at these reasons why leaders should create personal and professional development plans for themselves:
- Gives an edge to stay competitive in the current business climate
- Keeps you abreast with the evolving business world
- Makes you clear how to lead with a sense of purpose and relevancy
- Challenge and test your assumptions
- Help you develop conversation strategies important for sustainability and profits
- Develop a lasting legacy for future employees
- Engage with the community
What you should do?
- Continue to be innovative.
- Think about how emerging trends, public policy changes, business strategic goals and major current events can impact the future development and business growth path of your company.
- Read your industry’s current business advice
- Enroll in an academic course
- Hire a coach
- Participate in industry conferences.
Keep learning by following your own personal professional development strategy. In this way, you can maintain your leadership skills in a company, while supporting a cause people care about.